There are many different perspectives on learning and education. Here are some we find the most compelling:
Online Resources for Parents
- Kinedu: An app that helps parents discover creative and age-appropriate activities that support baby’s development from pregnancy to 4 years old.
- Outschool: A marketplace of live online learning classes for K-12 learners.
- Unschool.school: A marketplace of homeschooling and out-of-school learning experiences, connecting educators, parents, and learners. During the Coronavirus epidemic, many instructors are offering free webinars about homeschooling for the first time. Create a free account to enroll.
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Offering free, daily projects for parents for K-6 learners.
- ABC Mouse: An app with educational games in Reading, Math, Science & Art for children ages 2-8.
- Academic Earth: Free, online college courses from the world's top universities in a wide range of subjects
- Alison.com: Free, online courses in Technology, Science, Business, and the Humanities.
- Beanstalk: Free, online interactive classes for children ages 1.5-6.
- Breakout EDC: A selection of free, online games for children grades K-12.
- EdX: Free, online college courses from the world's top universities in a wide range of subjects.
- Khan Academy Kids (Free): A app for children ages 2 to 5 with immersive learning experiences in core subjects like early literacy, reading, writing, language, and math.
- Khan Academy: Instructional videos in a wide range of subjects, including Math, Science, History and more.
- Lynda / LinkedIn Learning: Online videos in Business, Design, Marketing, Web & Photography.
- Marginal Revolution University: Online videos and courses about economics.
- Open Culture: Free cultural and educational videos grouped by topic and by famous lecturers.
- Smithsonian Kids Online: Free, videos about Animals, Space, History and more.
- TedEd: Online videos in the TED style about Science, History, and many other topics.
- Code.org: Online classes and activities for K-12 learners.
- Codecademy: An app to learn advanced coding and web development.
- Create and Learn: Live, online classes teaching introductory coding.
- Tynker: Online coding lessons for children ages 5+.
- Flipgrid: An app to share short videos with parents and families to discuss any topic.
- Canticos: Online activities and apps for younger children in Spanish and English.
- Duolingo: Learn many languages, including Spanish, German, and Chinese.
- Mangahigh: Online games in coding and math.
- Prodigy: Math lessons and games for children in 1st to 8th grade.
- Caribu: An app that pairs video calls with family or friends, and early reader books and activities.
- Homer: An app to help children ages 2 to 8 learn to read.
- Epic: A digital library of 35,000 books for children 12 and under.
- Newsela: Short-form newsletters in Science, Social Studies, and other subjects.
- Novel Effect: An app that adds sound effects and character voices as you read certain books.
- Book Creator: An app to enable children to create digital books.
- No Red Ink: Online writing games and instruction using interest-based curriculum and adaptive exercises.
Educational Toys & Products:
- Fruit Punch: A family-focused music streaming service where every song is individually programmed by experts for young families.
- Kids Listen: An app designed to help you find podcasts for children, with curated playlists in categories based on kids’ interests.
- Osmo: Games that integrate with an iPad to teach children Math, Puzzles, Coding, Business, Spelling, and Drawing.